My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Cherry Surprises: SOLSC 10 of 31

I was what I would classify as an excellent eater as a kid. I loved veggies and fruits from the start. So much so, I almost always (back when I ate meat) finished any vegetable in sight before the main course. Now I eat almost only vegetables and plant-based foods--so the veggies come first, second, and last.
One thing as a kid I did not eat, however, was cherries. This always created a bit of a conundrum because my dad grew up in the literal cherry capital of Michigan. Cherries often made an appearance in desserts, fruit salads, or the occasional jello mold. 
Growing older, I always kind of thought I would eventually like cherries. That day has yet to come. I will say, I tried this tart cherry blend of kombucha and it is by far my favorite. So, maybe this is the turn toward cherry I needed. That said, I will forever and always refuse to eat maraschino cherries. I most certainly draw a line for those artificially flavored and colored supposed fruits. 






3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm I love cherries. Not so much maraschino, but real cherries. However, I don't like cherry FLAVORED stuff. Maybe you're on your way to finally liking them...at least a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cherries, particularly because I do not have access to them until my summer holidays (when I travel to cooler climates). I live in a tropical country where cherries do not grow, although I found out some varieties grow in warm climates.
    It's great you are slowly enjoying the taste of a drink with cherry in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refuse to call maraschino cherries real cherries... So I don't blame you. I'll have to try this Kevita flavor! My fav is the pineapple peach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!