My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 25, 2022

A Food Post: SOLSC 25 of 31

I love a good comfort food. Categorizing a food as "comfort" isn't an exact science for me. Sometimes it's about the creaminess, other times the flavor profile. Comfort also often comes from a memory, a long-loved food that reminds me of home or celebrations. 
Last night I was in the mood for something creamy and satisfying, so I made this simple and delicious Coconut Chickpeas with rice. It was dreamy, and there were leftovers, which will be even better in this case. 
Coconut Chickpeas
Credit: @themodernnonna via TikTok


Since I had some leftover rice (I always make way more rice than I need), I asked Arie if they felt like having fried rice for lunch. It was a yes, so I got started. Fried rice comes together so quickly and is so delightfully umami-full. For some crunch on the side, I air-fried some breaded cauliflower. 
Lunch was magical with a touch of Thai chili sauce and oh-so sticky sweet and sour on top. Yum!



3 comments:

  1. Your post just gave me some inspiration to write about food I love the photos and descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sure, sure I'm inspired to write about food now, but really I just want those recipes! YUM! They both look delicious. I'm especially interested in the first one if you're willing to share :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect slice. It appealed to our our senses (imaginary taste, smell and sight- photos). There are many hooks in your slice. the first paragraph seeking the meaning of 'comfort' food attracts the reader's attention.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!