My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Blogging Thoughts: SOLSC 15 of 31

Over the past few days, I've been thinking about my blogs and the evolution of my blogging life. I started my first blog called "Teaching Young Writers" over ten years ago. Since then, I've had three blogs using the Blogger site service. 

In 2013, when I joined Stacey and the new team at TWT, I got introduced to WordPress. I've loved WordPress for TWT, and lately, I'm feeling pulled into organizing the other blogs in my life into one nice space on WordPress too. 

I was reading up on it last night and this morning, fighting the urge to start. Wondering, is this my way of procrastinating the other responsibilities I have today? I think it might be. Making the change will take a bit of my time and energy. Not to mention, doing it in March would be a terrible time to make the switch. Even though I may have some time and energy today, I don't have to use it for something that isn't really all that urgent. 

Do you find you do this too? You have that list of things to do, but your mind is thinking about something else, and for whatever reason, the less urgent thing feels--well--more urgent? 

I'm going to fight the urge and put this item on my calendar. Maybe if I give it a space and time all its own, the idea of it will stop nagging at my brain. 



1 comment:

  1. I totally feel ya...this happens to me too! Things jump all around my list, depending on my whims. I hope you get it done, but I'd wait til April. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!