My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Zoom, Zoom: SOLSC 12 of 31

Today is my nephew's 27th birthday. We celebrated over Zoom with family since we would all be in different places today. One of those things learned by all of us because of the pandemic. 

We've had a lot of Zoom birthdays, anniversaries, and family celebrations over the computer. Even though it isn't the same as being together, it is a nice substitute for no other alternative. 

During the call, my sister told the story of Adam's birth, minus a few details. We all talked about where we were, what we were doing, how different things were back in 1995. Like, we all had to make calls on payphones from the hospital to tell other family members. My husband was my boyfriend, and I was still in high school. So much has happened. 

It was a fun chat, catch-up, and birthday song sing-along. Even when you are 27, you can still have a little family party. 



3 comments:

  1. That sounds like the best zoom call I have heard about so far! It is wonderful how it can bring family members together for a time of celebration and memories! Oh yes, the days of payphones...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I find myself still have zoom celebrations and monthly catch up with friends who are located across the country. It is a good outcome of Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though we would all always rather be together for family celebrations, I think being able to do video calls is the next best thing. My daughter, who lives in Austin, calls me almost every day so that I can talk to my granddaughters. It is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!