My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Planted Memories: SOLSC 6 of 31

I don't remember when I didn't have a plant as a child. We had floor plants, hanging plants, plants on the counter, windowsill, by the front door, and even a couple hanging inside some orange beaded macrame hangers. They were all over. As an adult, I have had a few plants, but they have not been a staple in my home. 
When Shawn and I were first married in the late nineties, we had a few philodendron plants That grew like crazy in our married housing apartment. I remember them stretching across a large section of our kitchen.
I think my love of the in-home greenery took a back seat once we had kids. Plants no longer got any attention. However, that is slowly beginning to change. 
About four weeks ago, I got a tiny succulent to put on my windowsill. Two weeks later, I bought an aloe plant, and today I got myself a young spider plant to hang in my kitchen. 
I love the green and look forward to getting a prettier planter to hang soon. 





2 comments:

  1. You and my mom had plants on the brain today! Taking home a new plant for me is always a mix of emotions - I find myself worrying that they won't like my space as much as they loved the space I so rudely snatched them out of. So far, so good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot keep plants alive in my house. I have one windowsill that my plants will survive on and all others die. That windowsill is getting a bit cramped but I can't be the plant killer how do I decide who lives and who doesn't??? Here's to hoping you have a greener thumb than me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!