My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 4, 2022

Morning Snuggle Time: SOLSC 4 of 31

Two years ago, life was beginning to turn in an unthinkable direction. We were days from a lockdown we won't soon forget. When weeks had passed, I realized I didn't have a lot of answers, and at times it felt like the sadness and worry within our small house was unbearable. We had talked about getting a dog and decided not too many months earlier. I remember that idea shifting quickly by late March 2020 to--how soon can we get a dog. We weren't alone in that mindset. I always laugh at the memes that say things like, if you didn't get a dog, have a baby, or get an air fryer during the pandemic, raise your hand--as if to say it's rare to say no to all three. 

By the first week in April, we had a puppy, which shifted everyone's mood. Now we have a dog, and as crazy as she can be, she's been a great addition to my routine. Since we first got her, she and I have had our snuggle time on the couch every morning. It's some of my favorite quiet times in the day. We get up together, usually before anyone else. I make lunches, tidy the kitchen, make some coffee, and she waits for me by the kitchen. As soon as I'm on the couch, I pull a blanket over myself to settle into a cozy spot. She grabs a knotted ball, bone, or chew toy and climbs up on my lap. 

She's over 50 pounds, so a bit big to be sitting on my lap, but it is so comforting. She's like a weighted blanket that settles me down before the day begins. Every day I look forward to our quiet cuddle time before anyone else is up and stirring around the house. 




2 comments:

  1. Awww, how sweet! My sister and her dog have exactly the same morning routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can picture it. How relaxing and invigorating! Our 100 pound lab loves to TRY and sit on our laps. She thinks she is a lap dog...she is not. And we love her that way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!