My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Camping Dreams: SOLSC 22 of 31

In the summer of 2017, we bought our first camper. Before and during parenthood, Shawn and I had been camping in tents for 20 years. It felt like it was time to upgrade. We were so happy we did! It was a small camper but a perfect size for our young-ish kids and us. 

Now, our adult-sized kids' feet hang off the bunks, and their adult-sized clothes take up multiple spaces. We have a bigger dog than we did back then, and we'd like to take more long-distance trips. Maybe even do some completely off-grid camping with solar! We've got some camper dreams.

When I was scrolling Facebook last week, you can imagine my surprise when a near-perfect camper came across my feed from one of the groups I follow. When I say near-perfect, it checked all the boxes of what we are looking for. Not too long, but double bunks. A little more internal space, but not too big overall. I gasped.

Family-"What's wrong?"

Me-"I think I just found...the one!"

I immediately read more about the camper, so did Shawn and the kids. We all agreed it seemed like it was meant to be. I sent a message to inquire, and we determined we would pick a day after the weekend to set up a time to take a look. 

And, you can imagine my disappointment when I messaged the seller, and there have been crickets. Trying not to be too pushy, I sent another message last night. Still nothing. I had hoped today's slice would be about camping dreams fulfilled, but I guess we are still looking. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh...you had such a lead-up to a let down! Dang! I hope something works out for you. My husband and I always said we were going to buy one of those "silver bullet" campers when we retire. Camper dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!