My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 11, 2022

Weather Wondering: SOLSC 11 of 31

It's not a genuine surprise. This is Michigan. The season is in the midst of transition, and with that comes a back and forth in temps and weather activity. 

Yesterday, Arie and I went to look for some snowdrops in the backyard. I felt like it was probably way too early, but we both felt like a walk was in order, and the weather was incredibly spring-like. There were no snowdrops, but lots of deer droppings, pine needles, and leaf litter. All the unruly grass was exposed, and many green bits poked up. 

This morning I woke up. My phone showed several weather alerts. I thought there was a chance we might get some snow, but I was ill-prepared for what we got. Several inches of fresh fluffy powder coated every inch. A quick shift in my thinking reminded me of the extra time I would require to:

  • Shovel a little path.
  • Clean the car.
  • Start the car.
  • Leave early.

All went well, a slick and slow drive, but manageable. I appreciated the care other drivers used, even though many are ready for spring driving. They remembered their jobs: slow, steady, nothing crazy, and never pass a plow. And now I'm left wondering what the weekend weather will bring?



3 comments:

  1. We had flakes today, but we are rebouding quickly by Sunday...just in time for spring break. Once March gets here, snow does not amuse me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to click over to see what snowdrops were Very pretty! No snow for us, but this Arctic cold air down here in Texas is craziness. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving a comment! I love that you went out to your yard expressly to look for snow drops, and enjoyed this imagery: " There were no snowdrops, but lots of deer droppings, pine needles, and leaf litter. All the unruly grass was exposed, and many green bits poked up. " Spring is my favorite time, when plants and animals are waking up from their long winter's nap. This is one of winter's last gasps -- still trying to hold on. I hope you find those snowdrops soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!