My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Monday, March 14, 2022

Eating Green: SOLSC 14 of 31

I love food. I also love food blogs. While growing up, cooking was always seen as a labor of love. Many staples live among the recipes in memory, books, and on slips of paper. 

After the first of the year, I got one of those coupons for a discount on a food box subscription. I have long wondered and been curious about these kinds of delivery services. That coupon came when I needed a bit of a lifeline, so I jumped and started an account. 

We've received two meals a week, all plant-based (yay for me), for the past four weeks. It's been great. I've loved getting new recipe ideas. I think my favorite part, though, is the seasonings and sauces that come with the kit. 

I talked with my mom about the kits and told her what a great idea they are, especially for new cooks. The recipe cards read much like a blog post, minus the anecdotes. All the photos are there, and the timing of the steps allows for all the parts of the meal to come together simultaneously. So much of making a meal is the planning, preparation, and then all of it coming together. I have loved not having to think about this as much each week. AND I have all these new recipes too!

Here is tonight's meal--Peruvian Spiced Cauliflower with Avocado Slaw and Quinoa






2 comments:

  1. That looks incredible, Betsy. Would you mind sending me the recipe? I'd love to try it!

    I haven't done those meal boxes in a few years. That said, one of my all-time favorite recipes was from a Plated box. I have made it so many times that I can do it by heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious. I subscribed to a service a few years ago. I was looking at the recipes yesterday. With the kids off to college, I have more time to cook, and I plan on revisiting some of our favorites soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!