My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Geometry: SOLSC 9 of 31



Geometry.
Every day, a new formula
Making sense of complexities,
listening,
watching,
doing,
practicing,
re-doing, just to understand. 
Cassie, the lap weight
to ease the anxiousness.
Cassie, also in the way
making it hard to see as
Dad explains and demonstrates.

Geometry,
You are fascinating,
You are unique.
You sometimes make my eyes go wide
with things like pi (π).
And sometimes, 
I find you to be--
frustratingly--
dramatic!
The way you... 
take up...
so...
much...
time!
Attention!
Focus!
Energy! 
Could you maybe,
sometimes, 
just 
be chill?



4 comments:

  1. I can feel your pain! Your poem is about as close to geometry as I want to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NOTHING chill about Geometry. It's memorization and analyzing space-- which are hard tasks. God speed friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poetry made geometry bearable for me! Thanks for sharing -- well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is a high school math and loves geometry! Yuck! I love the repetition in your poem and how the elipsis slows it down at the frustarting part!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!