My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 18, 2022

Planting: 18 SOLSC of 31

Plants are making their way back into my life these past two months. It started with an amaryllis bulb from the holidays, an aloe plant, and then another tiny succulent. The next thing I knew, my youngest was getting into my plant craze. Now, because they are so obsessed with plants (they have five in their bedroom in just four weeks), I've been looking for more to add to other common areas of our home. 

I don't know why I waited so long to get plants back into my home. Probably because I didn't feel I had time. Something about a plant is so calming to me and helps me feel more centered. 
Two weeks ago, Arie and I went to our local market and bought this mid-size spider plant. 
I decided to split it in two since it was crowded, but I also just really wanted two plants in slightly smaller pots. 
Enter the two pots I used for splitting.
After pulling out the spider plant, I took a moment to really admire that root system. It's pretty fascinating when you think about how plants work. 


Gentle pulling led to two very intact root systems. 

Then, into their new homes! These little twins will still live close to each other, but they sort of have their own beds now. I need to hang another hook in my kitchen. Maybe I'll have a picture of their new dwelling by next week.  









3 comments:

  1. Plants have a way of making a room smile. Your spider plant twins look lovely. Do you name your plants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a peaceful, pleasant post. I like how they're given center stage here. I agree about the calming way plants can help center you. Such pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those roots are interesting! I love how you situated your new plants into new pots and that the plants are having a happy effect on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!