My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Green Thumb Dreams: SOLSC 1 of 31

Portobello mushroom sauce simmers while the Heathers soundtrack plays in the background. My youngest loves that soundtrack. It's right up there with Wicked and Hamilton, among others. 

I've got meatballs going for the carnivores, and I'm sitting at my kitchen table as the wafts of bright tomato fill my nose and hints of oregano herb-ify the air. This reminds me that I have high hopes for my green thumb to re-emerge better and stronger than ever before this spring. 

Two years ago, I got some very inexpensive raised beds for growing herbs right outside my kitchen sliding glass door. It worked pretty well, but I had hoped it would be better. Last year I opted for flowers. I felt they would be lower maintenance and might be a nice bright spot. They were. But here I am again, considering herbs and maybe even more. 

I've been surveying the backyard as we have continual snow, snow, rain, melt, repeat, going on here in Michigan. It's another one of those days that feels springy, so my mind is awakening with ideas of a small vegetable bed. Maybe some green beans, tomatoes, and potatoes. Perhaps a salsa garden? What about a small greenhouse with a few more options? 

I'm going to keep things in the planning stages before making any purchases. I know how this will likely turn out, far from my current dreamy expectations. However, dreamy expectations are fun, even if they don't come to full fruition. 



5 comments:

  1. Keep up your dreamy expectations. The dreaming and planning and hopes for the garden are half the fun of gardening. I can smell the yummy things cooking in your kitchen - wish my kitchen smelled like that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the opening scene of this. I can so smell the meatballs and tomato sauce, and the hints of oregano herb-ifying the air (love that phrase). I, too, love to think about the upcoming growing season. It's high time for the snow to be out of the picture. Here's to an early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only have you got me thinking that I might be able to grow something, now I love the idea of a salsa garden! And you made me wonder if I should have some meatball pasta for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Herb-ify" the air, smells delicious! Your post reminds me of high hopes for planting a veggie garden. I hope it goes well for you. I can relate to dreamy expectations. We seem to manage to plant tomatoes for the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of soundtracks, "Green Thumb Dreams" would make an excellent album title. And, come to think of it, so would "Meatballs for the Carnivores."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!