My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

22 Years: 22 of 31

Today I finished conferences for my 22nd year of teaching. I will have other parent meetings before the end of the year, but spring conferences are a wrap. 

Conferences have gotten so much easier to manage over the years. In particular, being a middle school teacher, conferences are entirely different experiences. Elementary conferences are lengthy, involved, and in-depth. Middle school conferences are content-specific, to the point, and short. 

Granted, I have many more students to sift through, but focusing solely on ELA is so helpful at this point in my career. I love the age group and am so glad I've made grade-level changes and learned from each one. Twenty-two years of teaching are almost in the books, and it's been an excellent year for me as a teacher. 



1 comment:

  1. We do not have to conference with every parent at my middle school. We have a night for them, but very few parents come in. I lvoe teaching middle schoolers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!