My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Four Steps: 4 of 31


As I get older, seeing how the body changes is interesting. I find myself adjusting routines, and many of them have been successful. About four years ago, I went back to a nearly all-plant-based diet to help lower my cholesterol and shift the balance I needed in my body. Plant-based eating wasn't entirely new to me, so it was easy to return to it, even if I was the only one in my family doing so. Spending time making delicious food just for me is a treat, although I often find myself needing to share because it is so good. 

Another step I've taken to better care for myself started about a year ago. I decided to invest in some good skin care products and set a routine I could stick with each day. My morning skincare regimen has four steps. Whether running behind with my morning responsibilities or not, I have stuck with this four-step routine for many months, and I love it. 

Step one: Cleanse the face with a gentle wash like Cetaphil or CeraVe. One of their mild ones without any extra exfoliants or acids. 

Step two: Onto my fingertips, I use one dropper full of a vitamin C serum. The one I use is made by La Roche-Possay. It is the most pricey item I use on my face, but it smells fantastic, and my skin loves it!

Step three: After step two is fully dry, I spritz a bit of spring water to dampen my skin again and put on serum number two, Hyaluronic Acid by Good Molecules. This is a very affordable brand and does the job of hydrating. I love it! My skin is so springy afterward.

Step four: My final skincare step is a moisturizer with SPF. My favorite right now is CeraVe Ultra-Lite Moisturizer with SPF 30. It soaks right in, and my face is so happy. 

I smile through all these steps. With each layer, I find myself often saying, "I love this." 



It's a small part of my day, but I look forward to it each morning. It's one of those ways I can care for myself, feel deserving of something just for me, and have a little reset that gets me ready for the day. 

What little routines do you have that make you smile every day? 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these recommendations! I totally need a new skincare routine as I get older too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post for slicing! Thank you for the recommendations. I recently started becoming interested in CeraVe products, so I love seeing the brand recommended...almost like confirmation? ☺️ Happy skincare routine tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!