My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Not Nine: 9 of 31

I knew I'd hit a wall at some point. A day would come when I would not see the number (ninth day of March) showing up in my regular sightings, wonderings, or thoughts. So far, this number focus for my slices has worked great. Each day I've easily found a way the quantity was represented by something small in my day. Today, however, I've been stuck. Searching. I thought of a few ideas.

I could go outside and throw the frisbee to my dog nine times before the snow starts. The temps are good now, and I should get her running around before the wintery mix takes hold. Then I got lost in the moment, threw the frisbee a lot, kicked a ball, ran circles, and forgot all about the number nine. 

Then I thought, I might have nine everyday items sitting around somewhere. Like a pile of change, my to-be-read pile, empty water bottles on the counter, or the kid-created paper flowers I have in the vase on our piano. But, nope. None of them totaled nine. 

Today's number nine is not present, but lots of other things are! Funny how something not showing up helped me see a few things that were. 




3 comments:

  1. You at least got a story out of searching for nine. I went back and counted, and you used the word nine/ninth eight times...but if you include the date above the story...you have nine nines! Or go back and add in the word nine one more time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love that you went and counted. I never thought to do that.

      Delete
  2. I do like your philosophical point, how looking for nines made you see so many other things.
    (Nine made me fixate on the image of a 3 X 3 grid of dots on a mahjong tile- perhaps I’ve been playing too much.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!