My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Eight Legs: 8 of 31

Over the winter break, we offered to "rat sit" three little girl rats from my husband's school. We thought this would be a really great way to appease our youngest, who has been wanting rats as pets. It definitely worked, our whole family was thrilled to have them, and even my niece came to visit the rats. 
What happened next surprised us all. We started thinking of getting our own. We suddenly all wanted pet rats, and lucky us, in early January, we'd be able to go pick out our own. 
Meet Cinnamon (brown and cream) and Hawking (black-brown). These two sweet boys run, play, and get into mischief. 
 


I would have called you a liar if you told me I'd be spending every evening with two silly rats and loving it. I would have never guessed I could love two little rodents as much as I love these boys. 

Even better (unless I've completely turned your stomach at this point), we are getting two more boys this weekend. Rats love friends, and we love making crazy box forts and mazes for them to play in. If all goes as planned, maybe on day sixteen, I'll be able to share sixteen legs! We shall see. 


2 comments:

  1. What fun! The pictures really add to the cuteness, but your enthusiasm is obvious even without them. I'm crossing my fingers for you that they really are all boys. (My cousin had two boy rats; then one of them had babies. Oops!) More pictures, please when the newcomers joing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats are fascinating pets. I think they are cute - and playful. What a great way for children to learn responsibility and develop a sense of caring about animals. It's great when the whole family gets involved - and the extended family, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!