My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

A Numbers Game: 1 of 31

I got this idea today. 

I'm not someone who typically goes with a theme (topic really) for slices across the month, but I had a thought. Just one thought about it. 

What if, this month, each slice is connected to a quantity?

Today's slice is connected to the number ONE. The first of March. One singular day down in the month of daily writing. One thought. An idea. A consideration. 

Whenever I have tried a common thread connecting all my slices, it's made the writing challenging and very focused. 

I like focus.

I like efficiency and cohesion. 

I also love creative mess as much as I love structure.

So, here it goes!

Today, I tore one page off my classroom calendar and wrote one phrase inside one box. On March 17, 2023, it will be "Popcorn and Pickle Day." Our most recent Popcorn and Pickle Day was canceled due to school closures from a recent ice storm. I got an email today informing me that my homeroom class would get a popcorn and pickle celebration on St. Patrick's Day. Sometimes the little things like a salty snack on a Friday in the future can put a smile on your face. Although many twelve-year-old faces fell in disappointment that it was SO MANY DAYS away, they were happy to see we would get to look forward to the treat. 

One down, TWO tomorrow!

We'll see if I can keep it going. I'm going to be on the lookout for doubles. 



9 comments:

  1. What a creative idea! I think you will find many ways quantity can be a thread in your posts. I'm sure it will stretch you as a writer! Good luck this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting perspective. It might be possible to connect any post to a number...like 3 cups of coffee on day 3. I'll be checking by to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of something similar, using the numbers to help me think of ideas. My March 1 post I titled A Year of Firsts. It flew off my fingers. I already have some ideas for 2, 3 and 4. We will see if I decide to go that direction or just write what pops up. I’m looking forward to keeping track of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about using numbers too, but wasn’t sure I could keep it up. Can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Idea! I will be interested to see where you take this! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it will be fun. It will be challenging, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popcorn and Pickle Day? Ummm... that is genius. I want in! Good luck with your theme for the month - I will be interested to see how it goes/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the numbers idea. I will have to play with it! Also what is this popcorn and pickle day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did Popcorn and Pickle Day come from? That sounds like so much fun. I think your number theme will work, because it's pretty loose. Have fun, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!