My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Sunday, March 26, 2023

26 Lines: 26 of 31

I'm thinking 

about cleaning.

Make a list?

Just start?

Sitting here, looking around.

I see an art project in progress,

Laundry half sorted,

An animal cage in need of attention,

Clutter on my desk,

and dust under the tv.

Empty drink containers wait,

and games go unplayed.

This room is a catch-all.

A family room of sorts

Where we all seem to find ourselves

and leave traces behind.

It will wait

I'll start tomorrow

After coffee, 

maybe a bite

I'll make a plan

go one by one

delegate here

do it myself, there

eventually, lighting a candle

and enjoying the order. 




2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely poem for such an unwanted and almost overwhelming task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the poem about the task most dreaded by probably all moms! I love the lines, "I'll start tomorrow/After coffee,/Maybe a bite…." and the way they help you see a way out of the chaos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!