My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Thursday, March 30, 2023

30 Lines: 30 of 31

8:40 a.m., shoes on.

Out the door

the cold air hits hard.

Sun in my eyes

and frost on the windshield.

The glare is just bearable.

Fifteen minutes later 

I'm pulling on the wrong door. 

Trying the other one, 

chimes ring 

and I step inside. 

It feels fresh.

Succulents and snake plants 

accompany the lamps 

with natural fabrics

and plush seats for my wait. 

I can hear a conversation.

But can't piece it together. 

Sounds like "work talk"

A few minutes pass 

The owner walks out. 

"Let's get you two checked in!"

The woman next to me gives her thanks.

I smile.

Within minutes I'm in the chair

My hair is being sectioned

and clipped.

It doesn't take long 

and my shoulders drop.

Relaxation mode, on.




3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, "relaxation mode, on" - that is *exactly* how I feel a few minutes after I get into that chair at the salon. Mmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salon (without child in tow) is such a lovely place! A necessary respite for busy moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, it took four tries before I was able to leave a comment. What is going on?
    I love your posting by the numbers.
    Relaxation, on! And if my stylist isn't too busy, I'll get a mini-massage when she shampoos me.
    I read back through many of your posts tonight. What a delight! Glad I've been along for all of your 12 years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!