My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Friday, March 3, 2023

Three Days: 3 of 31

Last week we had THREE days off of school. An ice storm wiped out power across many counties, water main breaks, downed trees, and slippery roads created massive closures across the state. Today we have a winter storm watch, and I'd like to know if I'll get the text, call, notification, ping, another call, and so on. 

To be clear, I love snow days. I will never complain about getting extra time to relax my brain. I won't mind the spare time in my pajamas. There will be no concern over leaving my children alone and not forcing them out of their beds to get ready. I would be thrilled with a day at home, safe and sound, warm and cozy. However, did I mention we missed three days of school last week? I'm finally gaining momentum and hoping we can finish the week strong. Again, won't complain if things go in another direction. Also, I will be fine if I need to pull my kids out of bed, make some lunches, and head out by 6:50 a.m. 


*Update: We had school, and less than an hour into class, they announced we would be dismissed early. 



3 comments:

  1. Oh no. Some years winter enjoys throwing our teaching into disarray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the anticipation in this slice, and the update. Snow days are awesome, but they are disruptive to schedules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, this end of winter, wild weather seems to be a thing in many places this year! The disruption in learning is not a good thing even though that occasional snow day is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!