My Other Blogs:

Other Corners to Find Me:

Monday, March 6, 2023

Six Chickens: 6 of 31

I love my drive to and from work. Most of the time, anyway. When the roads are snow-covered or terribly slick, it's another story. However, the other day I was driving home, and along the side of the road, six different chickens were nibbling away at the grassy edge. Since I was driving, I couldn't snap a picture, but they were so pretty. Some of them were all black, some red with lighter tones, and one or two were a light beige or golden. 

After driving by, I wondered if they were finding little bugs or worms. We had just thawed out from a nasty ice storm, and everything was soft, muddy, and melty. I hope I see them again in the next few weeks. With slightly warmer temps, they might find some tasty treats as long as they stay off the road!



3 comments:

  1. This warms my heart, Betsy. I live in a rural county in middle Georgia on a farm, and we have been chickenless for over a year now, but our new chicks have hatched and are being socialized for a few weeks before we take them to their new coop. There is something about chickens that proclaims we are home when we are in the country among the chickens.....who always come home to roost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image of these chickens snacking along the road. We used to have a roaming band of turkeys in our town. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ThelifeofamomteacherandwifeMarch 6, 2023 at 8:00 PM

    Not what I see on my drive home! But, it's moments like these that always make me wonder too. I hope you can snap a picture next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love!